Monday, April 26, 2010

Introducing 5 New Designers!

Our recent Design Team Call was a huge success and we would like to thank everyone who sent in an application.  The process of picking new designers was a difficult one, as there were so many fabulous applicants.

It is with great pleasure that we introduce to you the following Designers who will be working alongside our Senior Design Team.

Please stop by their blogs and give them a big welcome to the team! 


margarita

MARGARITA YBARRA

I am a WFHM (work from home mom) living in Western Colorado with my family; husband, Greg, son Caden 7, and daughter Deianeira 3.  I have sold AVON for 6 years now, so that I could stay at home with my kids while they were little.  (And as a bonus it helps to fund my "craft habit," so that I won't go completely crazy from always being at home).  Crafts keep me sane.

I have always loved making crafty things, from cross-stitch to decorative cakes.  I know that’s a pretty broad category, but I really do like making a ton of different things.  Last year I started teaching a craft class at Hobby Lobby twice a month.  We've made cards, layouts, altered projects----pretty much whatever people have stated an interest in I try to do, while keeping it simple for the beginners as well.  We have a lot of fun making stuff together---at least I do!

I am so excited to be a part of Just For Fun's design team!!!  It's an honor to work with such awesome designers----I just hope I'm worthy.

Blog:  My Creations by M.Y.


clip_image001

RUSSELL WHITE

My name is Russell White.  Currently I am living in Sandpoint, Idaho, which is located in the Panhandle of the state.  We are about 69 miles from the Canadian border and the town is located on Lake Pend Orielle, which is the fifth largest glacier lake in the USA and sits at the base of Schweitzer Ski Resort.  We are surrounded by the Selkirk and Cabinet Mountains and the scenery here is incredible.

I am a paper craft, collage and altered artist. I use various items in my work including mixed media, found objects, vintage elements and rubberstamping.  As the world has moved from creating art by hand (which I still do) to creating art with the computer (which I am still learning) my interest in the designing and working with a computer has increased.  It seems like every day my Photoshop and Illustrator skills get better.

Due to health issues (I have RSDS, lumbar spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis and type 2 diabetes) I had to retire early.  My entire career I spent as a Fashion Designer and I have worked in the garment industry since 1972. I have designed clothes for Levi Strauss, Janzten, Catalina, Tomboy, International Male, Balboa Sportswear, Lavon Sportswear, The GAME, Russell Corporation, Structure/Express, Coldwater Creek and Blair. Received my BFA in art from San Francisco State and have taken design courses from Otis Parson's in Los Angeles. Travel is very important to me, as it opens up your visual senses to the elements and textures that surround our lives. At the last count I have been to over 100 countries around the world. I love to share information and experiences and have taught fashion design classes at Woodbury University in Burbank, California and at the Learning Tree University in Chatsworth, California. In addition, I have done many paper craft workshops. Volunteering is also very import to me and I have worked with children in our local school reading programs, worked with local AIDS organizations in support groups, fundraising and education projects at the high schools, assisted with community leadership programs sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and I have been the co-president of the Warren Art League and have organize several art shows an events for local artists. My partner, Stan, and I have our own business called TwistedPapers.com and we share a home with our "collections" of art and antiques as well as our two dogs: Christopher a cockapoo and Beauregard a toy poodle.

My passions are collage, book making, altered art and art stamping. I have been in several art shows in Warren, PA and have had work published. I am also a member of ISABA and I was on the ZNE Design Team.  I have been teaching rubberstamping, collage and altered arts for the last ten years at various venues across the country.

Russell’s Art Gallery:  Russell on TwistedPapers.com


Roni


RONI JOHNSON

Veronica (Roni) Johnson (Albion, Indiana), a life long artist is the author of the daily rubber stamping and altered arts blog - InkStainswithRoni.  Ink Stains is a technique and project oriented blog with something new going on all the time. Any given day you might find cards, altered arts or collage projects, incorporating a variety of inks, paints and glue with a little experimentation thrown in for good measure.

Roni is also the author of “Teach Yourself Visually Collage & Altered Arts”. A technique oriented book that encompasses a wide variety of projects, mediums and artistic genre including: Aging Techniques, Paper & Paint Collage Techniques, Image Transfers, Creating your own Altered Charms and much more. Her art work can also be seeing in two previously published in TYV publications - Teach Yourself Visually - Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts Visually Quick Tips.

In addition to the blog and collage book Roni also designs for various manufactures and retail companies in the rubber stamping and altered arts fields including Ranger Industries, Streuter Technologies, Queen Kat Designs, and Hannah Grey Curiosities & Drygoods.  Her works have been published in several rubber stamping and altered arts magazines such as Stampers Sampler; SS Take Ten; Paper Crafts; Paper Crafts – Stamp It!; Altered Arts Magazine; Vamp Stamp News and most recently in the Publications International book – Christmas Crafts 2009. Roni’s projects have also been used in product advertisements; as on-line projects and placed on display at national craft and hobby conventions. 

When she isn't creating Roni enjoys spending time with her family on their small farm in rural Indiana, scouring various flea markets or antique malls for unique vintage finds, reading and pursuing her love of photography.

Blog:  Ink Stains


Glenda

GLENDA BROOKS

I live in East Tennessee, about 35 minutes from Knoxville.  We are a rural community and you can see the Great Smokey Mountains from my deck.  I have always loved to craft.  For many years I did crochet and when my shoulder started bothering me, I started scrapbooking which turned into card making.  I remember buying my first stamp and coming home and wondering "Now what do I do with it?"  I stumbled onto the card making blogs and I have never looked back!  Everything has been self taught for me; there are not many opportunities for classes in my neck of the woods.  I purchase most supplies on-line and check out the blogs to see what is new and different.  I am happiest when I have quiet time to create.

Blog:  Magpie’s Corner


bethandgoats

BETH MOORE

I am a paper-loving mother of three daughters and "Nanie" (pronounced Na-Knee) to two gorgeous pre-school age grandsons who I provide daycare for. I am a partner to one darling, loving and supportive man and a slave to one home, 4 canines, 7 felines, two sweet goats and all that paper, Cricut, stamping and embellishing supplies in my craft room!

Our recent Design Team Call was a huge success and we would like to thank everyone who sent in an application.  The process of picking new designers was a difficult one, as there were so many fabulous applicants.

Blog:  Runs With Scraps



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all new Design team members! I can't wait to see your work with Just For Fun Stamps!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete