Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Blessings

Hello Everyone!
I hope you're all having a wonderful day.

Today I wanted to share a fun technique that is a bit time consuming but really adds so much to your projects....

Rubber Stamped Paper Piecing


You will notice in the photo below that the main image
(one of the New Arrivals)
is made up of many different layers...


That is because I stamped the same image on three different types of cardstock.
The first image was stamped on a piece of brown cardstock using Coffee Archival Ink - I cut the cross out of this cardstock.
The image was then stamped on plain white cardstock with Black Archival Ink - this layer was used for the flowers which were colored using Distress Stain and markers.
Finally I stamped the image a third time onto pearl paper using a grey ink which is what I used for the cloth that is draped over the cross. 

While this technique isn't something you'd want to attempt for a card that you would be making in large quantities it is perfect for making a unique and beautiful card for a special occasion. I hope you give it a try.

Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. This technique yields wonderful results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does seem like a lot of work, Roni, but, that said, I sometimes find cardmaking (scrapbooking, not so much) to be quiet therapy following a day at work--and this would be just perfect. I may have to try this technique on one of the new stamps coming from StampersBest!

    ReplyDelete