Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Valentine's Rose

Hi everyone!  I'm Peg and I'm so excited to be sharing my first project as part of the Just For Fun Design Team.  I have to say the more I use them the more I love the stamps.  They make any project the perfect one. 
 
For this card, after creating the card base, I stamped the Rose (G2873) onto some white cardstock that is made for use with Copics, but instead of using my Copics I chose to use my Letraset Promarkers in Rose Pink, Antique Pink, Grass Green and Leaf Green along with the Blender to color the image.  Once I had that completed, I used the Spellbinders Marvelous Squares die to cut out the image and the mat paper behind the image.  I used an ink applicator by Tim Holtz to lightly burnish the pink and green chalk ink around the edges and inward towards the rose.  I used a piece of white lace and sprayed it with some Antique Patina Maya Road Mist.  I finished it by using the Spellbinders Labels Four to cut a piece of white cardstock.  I, then, burnished it with the pink and green inks and then stamped the "Happy Valentine's Day" stamp (C2242) in black ink and adhered it onto the lace. 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my project as much as I have enjoyed creating and sharing it with you.  Be sure to check out the blog every day for a lot of great inspiration from the team.  You won't want to miss any of the fun!  Oh and don't miss the great savings going on on the Just For Fun website from now until January 18th!  

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Peg! Love the beautiful edges and colors!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Peg. Everyone is raising the bar :)

    ReplyDelete