Tuesday, January 29, 2013

JUST BECAUSE I LOVE YOU

Linda here for my last posting using the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps for Valentine's Day. It has been great fun and I hope you've been following along with us.  Today's card is 5 x 7 and done in non-trational colors of violet and green and yellow. As the other design team members before me, I used the same sketch for inspiration. 



I started with a piece of 5 x 7 violet card stock. I then cut a piece of natural card stock to 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 and cut from corner to corner. I stamped both triangles using Versamark ink but one I used the Heart Cube and the other I used the Rose. Both were covered with clear detail embossing powder and heated. I stippled the edges starting with willow, then lemonade, then dusty concord. After this I ironed the embossing powder off to get a resist so the natural card stock shows through. I attached each triangle close to the top left and bottom right corners so there would be a space going diagonally showing the violet card stock underneath.

I stamped the 4 images from the Heart Cube onto decorative paper and cut them out.

 
The hearts were stippled on the edges with dusty concord and attached to a violet strip and natural mat, popping up every other heart.
 

 
 
Lastly, I stamped one more heart from the heart cube and turned it over to the blank side. I then stamped Just Because I Love You on it, freehanded tiny stitches with white and black and stippled with concord. I attached the heart and added violet stones.
 
 
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps:
 
Supplies Used:
Violet and Natural card stock
BoBunny 6x6 pad
Versamark Ink
Archival Ink
Clear detail embossing powder
White Signo pen
Pitt black pen
Adirondak ink
Distress ink
Embellishments
 
Thanks everyone for stopping by!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love the diagonal panels and the row of hearts! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and WOW, so many techniques used. Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you used to create your card!

    ReplyDelete