Monday, January 21, 2013

Sweet Birdie

Celine here, with an Artist Trading Card (ATC) featuring the sweetest little birdie ever, Tiny Bird.
(More about ATCs, if they're new to you.)

DT member Linda provided the team with a sketch (shown above) to guide our creativity this week.

To make this ATC I repeatedly stamped the Skeleton Leaf onto light blue bond paper.  I layered it with a piece of scrapbook paper, using the sketch as a guide.  Next I partially inked and stamped the heart and key image from the Romantic Cube.  (Did you notice which part went un-inked?) 
Tiny Bird was added next, stamped directly onto the scrapbook paper.
The sentiment, Some Birdie Loves You, was added next.
Again I stamped Tiny Bird and the heart/key/lock image from the Romantic Cube, this time onto white card stock.  I colored the images with Prisma Colors and then cut them out and glued them into position.  Since the images were stamped onto the scrapbook paper first, I was able to avoid cutting out the impossibly skinny legs of the bird.  I skipped her tail, too...and now you know why I didn't ink the ribbon from the original Romantic Cube image in the first place.  Cutting out that tiny bow would have done me in!

Finished Size:  3-1/2" x 2-1/2"

Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Used:
Skeleton Leaf-C2546
Tiny Bird-AA2633
Romantic Cube-CB9020
Sentiments 3-UMS7020

Other Supplies:
Prisma Color pencils

4 comments:

  1. I love how you used the sketch to make an ATC. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the bird sitting on the key. Great ATC.

    ReplyDelete