Monday, February 4, 2013

Sending Warm Thoughts Your Way

It's Monday already.  Can you believe it?  This weekend I had some creating time while my husband and son were away so I decided to use one of my favorite techniques to share with you today...the bleaching technique. 

I started this project out by spraying a piece of white card stock with some tea that I had poured into a spray bottle to create the the background.  After it had dried, I used the Tree with Berries stamp and some bleach poured onto a paper towel placed in an old pie tin dedicated for this. The paper towel needs to be fairly saturated for this to work. I pressed the stamp onto the paper towel to get the stamp wet and proceeded to stamp the image onto the tea dyed paper.  Our challenge for this week was to add glitter or bling so I added the red berries using glitter and a glue pen.  I mounted the image on a piece of Tim Holtz Retro Grunge paper from my stash and then onto a piece of card stock cut to create a 7" x 5" card base.  I stamped the "Sending You Warm Thoughts" sentiment using the Sentiments 3 stamp and black ink and inked the edges with the Garnet Ink Pad from Paris Trunk.  It was adhered to the card using 3-dimensional adhesive squares. 

This is a fun technique to use with all kinds of stamps to give your card a clean, simple look.  Be sure to go over to the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps website and choose some great new stamps to try the bleaching technique on your next project! 

Have a great week!
~Peg

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Peg. Love that copper color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I would not have thought to use this stamp in this way. I love it.

    ReplyDelete