Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sketch 2



Happy Valentines Day!
Celine is back with another sketch-inspired post for you.  Once again DT member, Linda, provided a sketch (see below) to guide and challenge us.

I began with a wintery, watercolor sky, then added the Tree with Berries in black.  I cut apart the Pair of Birds and stamped them individually on separate branches, then layered the piece onto a darker blue background.

I attached the vellum triangles, then using a pencil, traced the details from the underlying stamped images. Circles punched from vellum were attached at opposite corners, according to the sketch.

Finally, I stamped and embossed the Heavy-duty Clip onto pale green card stock.  Using my trusty knife, I carefully cut around the lower part of the clip to create a flap, then slid the top edge of the little scene under it.

Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment