Friday, February 15, 2013

Winter Thoughts Hidden Message Card


 
The inspiration for this card was this sketch.  Banners are one of my favorite things so my ideas went right to those and how I wanted to use them. 


 
 
 Another part of our challenge was to use embossing.  My thoughts went first to folders, but then I realized I'm stamping so have some fun and use heat embossing instead.  I thought the pinecone stamp from Just For Fun Stamps would be perfect to use with some Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder in Vintage Photo.  It gave it the distressed wood look that you would find in nature. 
 
The banner pieces were cut using a die cut machine and the pennants cart at 4".   After cutting 2 of them from blue card stock and stamping the image using an embossing ink pad, I embossed them with the distress powder and a heat tool.  I, then, adhered them onto the dark blue card base after using a piece of brown textured card stock as a mat.  Following the sketch, I added 2 brads onto the ends of the banners to hold them down. 
 
I cut a third banner using some patterned paper from the Snowfall line by Bo Bunny.  This time, I scored the edge of the banner at 1/4" to create an interactive piece that held a hidden message under it.  After opening that piece,  I used some Memento Paris Dusk ink and the "Sending You Warm Thoughts" stamp from the Sentiments 3 set for the message.   
               
This fun hidden message card can be used to let someone know that you are thinking of him or her on these last few cold winter days before spring arrives.  In case you are wondering how long that is....it's 33 days and counting. 
 
Have a great weekend everyone! 
~Peg



1 comment: