Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Eggs Wrapped in Spring Colors

 
                                       

Spring is finally here even though it doesn't seem like it.  Can you believe Easter is already this weekend, too?  I am so anxious for the nice weather.  I created this card to celebrate the arrival of both Easter and spring.  I chose to use my Prisma  pencils to color the eggs in the bright spring colors of orange, yellow, pinks and greens.  I, then, matched the paper to the eggs to add even more color.  Our challenge this week was to use this great sketch so I did my take on it and used the swiss dot embossing folder to create a texture to represent area formed by the division of the line in the sketch and then added the background mats for the ovals to highlight the Traditional Easter Basket stamp.  I added 3 adhesive stones to the top to fill the empty space that was made there when I embossed only half the paper.  Now,with this card, I'm ready for spring and Easter to receive all of the great goodies in my basket.

Be sure to go over to the Just For Fun Rubber Stamps website to see all of the great stamps they carry.  You won't be able to resist buying one, two, three or more!  They are all great stamps and make great gifts especially in an Easter basket.   

No comments:

Post a Comment