Thursday, April 25, 2013

Palm Trees

by Janine Blackwelder

Today starts a new theme for our design team. You will see projects with a vacation theme using some of JFF's  recently released Spring 2013 images.

I chose to make my card with just one image, the G3649 Wind Swept Palm Trees Silhouette as the focal image.


I colored directly on the rubber stamp with Momento markers in the following colors onto white card stock. 
  • Bamboo Leaves and Cottage Ivy
  • Desert Tan and Rich Cocoa
Then I cut and embossed the image with Spellbinders Card Creator dies Matting Basics B die #6 set leaving it in the die. I then airbrushed the background with Copic markers BG15 and E33. I added a shadow along the base of the tress with C2. Then I layered it on black card stock cut from Matting Basics A #6 set.  Emboss the card front with the Spellbinders M-bossabilities Dainty Dots embossing folder. 

I stamped D3675 Wishing you a day... sentiment on the inside of the card.

Don't forget to check out all the Spring images over on the web site. You can also find these and many more images at any one of our StampScrapArtTour shows in the coming months.

Enjoy!
Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment