Friday, June 21, 2013

Hawaii

Greetings, stampers!  Celine here with a Hawaiian-themed ATC to share with you today.
I stamped the background using Flip Flops 2.
Next, I stamped Hula Girl (lg) onto white paper, colored her in then fussy cut her out.
I stamped the same image again onto brown hand-made paper and cut out only the skirt.
Again, I stamped just the girl's head onto yellow card stock, and cut out just the flower in her hair.
The sentiment Hawaii (part of a sheet of Destinations) was stamped, outlined, then cut out and the edges distressed.
The pieces were assembled and glued into place.

One tip for line-drawn images like this one--I often don't ink the facial features.  I like to draw my own expressions onto mermaids, hula girls, and others.  This time I added eyelashes, removed her nose, then drew a subtle smile.  Selective stamping like this opens up a world of possibilities and makes your stamps even more versatile.

Stamps Used:  Flip Flops 2-E3619
 Hula Girl (lg) - E3655

No comments:

Post a Comment