Monday, September 2, 2013

Good-Bye Summer. We'll Miss You.

Happy Labor Day, to those in the U.S.
Tomorrow marks a momentous occasion in my little family.  I'll be sending off two freshmen:  one in college; the other in high school.  These are big transitions, especially considering that they were educated at home for the past ten years.

My heart just might break a little!

This is a card that I made to celebrate the end of summer.  Dream Girl seems so carefree.  I want to hang onto that feeling a little while longer!

I stamped the Dream Girl image onto a blue background, then again onto black, green, white, and peachy-yellow card stock.  I pieced the image back together and glued it in place.
The hem on her dress was stamped onto white card stock, then colored in with Sharpie markers.

Next, I cut an oval from patterned paper.  I "grunged it up" a little, using a very light touch with a  large brush and dark ink and placed it over the main image.

Stamps Used:
G3692 - Dream Girl


 

2 comments:

  1. Love your card and sure can empathize with you regarding your children. It is so hard letting them go no matter what they do or where they go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete