Monday, October 21, 2013

Cloverleaf Frame

Hi creative Just For Fun bloggers. Linda here today!

I am so excited to share this card with you today so let's get to it :) The creative process starts below the card image. Enjoy. 

I started by stamping the cloverleaf frame stamp onto watercolor paper (a full-size sheet) using archival black ink. Once I was sure it was dry, I laid the coordinating cloverleaf frame template on top and secured with washi tape. I stippled distress ink in greens and blues around all edges of the openings in the template. Then I stamped randomly inside the openings with blue ink using the Crackle Texture stamp. I love the way it looks like light coming through deep water. Yummy. The template was removed and I decided on how much border I wanted to leave...about 1/2" all around. 

I stamped the sea turtle onto white cs using blue ink and highlighted some of its markings using a colored pencil. I tried to keep it pretty monochromatic. Pop dots were used to adhere the turtle to the "water" but I decided there needed to be some sea vegetation. Hmmm, what could I use? I found a lily-of-the-valley die and decided it would look pretty convincing if cut from green cs and not embossed to give the flowers definition. What do you think?  I thought it looked ok so edged a bit in brown distress ink to make it look more grungy looking and attached.  This entire piece was then popped onto muted blue cs and then again onto watercolor cs. 



I hope you like today's inspiration. Don't forget to leave a comment below. 



2 comments:

  1. I think your "sea weed" is very convincing Linda...works perfectly with the turtle and lovely background :)

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete