Monday, October 7, 2013

Framed Fun

Hi Bloggers. 

Linda K here to show you a card made with a stencil template frame and coordinating stamp from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps. It is actually called Irregular 6 Frame and you can find it here. It was really fun to make and quite quick and easy. Here's the completed card and below is how I made it.....

First, I used the stamp called Irregular 6 frame with black ink. I laid the coordinating stencil template down on white cs and taped it with washi tape to keep it from moving. Then I stippled with distress inks around the edges of each window in the stencil. I used post-it notes to mask edges as needed also when I stamped the other images in the windows. The picture on the left shows the other images I used in the windows.  All stamps used are listed below as well.

I
I remembered I had a bag of wood wedges picked up at a garage sale (thinking I could do "something" with 'em sometime) so pulled one out and the turned bird fit perfectly on it. I stippled the wood first, then stamped the image with black Archival ink. I stamped both of the bird images I have and decided to try putting embossing paste on it to give it dimension so used the "extra" as my trial image. I liked it so did the same to the image I used for the card....see a closeup below.
I adhered the wood with E6000 glue as it is bulkier than a usual embellishment. I adhered the white cs to black cs and then to a sage-colored piece. I left room on the left side for multicolored natural twine and stapled it at various places with the Tiny Attacher and touched up the staples with a brown Sharpie.


Stamps Used:
D3702 - Blackbird (used as my trial sample)

Thanks so very much for finding our Blog today and check back again soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Linda,
    I love your card! Thanks for the awesome tutorial.

    ReplyDelete