Friday, October 25, 2013

Make a Pumpkin

by Janine Blackwelder

Pumpkins and faces are just some of the newest images in the Fall 2013 stamp release. 



This card was made using two stamps, Plain Pumpkin and Jack O'Lantern Face 1. I stamped the Plain Pumpkin and Face 1 images with Momento Tuxedo Black on white card stock then colored it with Copic markers. I fussy cut it out then embellished it with Crystal Stickles. I stamped the Crackle Texture background onto green card stock. The black border was embossed with the Cuttlebug Spider Web embossing folder. I added a few leaf and flourish die cuts along with some orange bling to finish off the card. 


Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hope....

Hi Everyone!

Janine here with a card to share with you today. It features the StampTangle Hope Ribbon image from JFF's Summer 2013 release of rubber stamps.


In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month I wanted the StampTangle Hope Ribbon to be the focus of this card.

I simply stamped the image with Momento Tuxedo Black ink onto white card stock then colored it with Copic markers. The dies I used are Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large and Floral Ovals along with Fancy Framed Tags Two. The white panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I embellished the ribbon with crystal gemstones and black gemstones on the corners.

JFF also has two other ribbon images that can be stamped in other colors to represent other types of cancer awareness. You can do a Google search for other cancer awareness ribbon colors.

Be sure to visit us this weekend at the StampScrapArtTour in Hampton VA. Here is the link to the show information.


Thanks for stopping by.
Enjoy!

Janine

Monday, October 21, 2013

Cloverleaf Frame

Hi creative Just For Fun bloggers. Linda here today!

I am so excited to share this card with you today so let's get to it :) The creative process starts below the card image. Enjoy. 

I started by stamping the cloverleaf frame stamp onto watercolor paper (a full-size sheet) using archival black ink. Once I was sure it was dry, I laid the coordinating cloverleaf frame template on top and secured with washi tape. I stippled distress ink in greens and blues around all edges of the openings in the template. Then I stamped randomly inside the openings with blue ink using the Crackle Texture stamp. I love the way it looks like light coming through deep water. Yummy. The template was removed and I decided on how much border I wanted to leave...about 1/2" all around. 

I stamped the sea turtle onto white cs using blue ink and highlighted some of its markings using a colored pencil. I tried to keep it pretty monochromatic. Pop dots were used to adhere the turtle to the "water" but I decided there needed to be some sea vegetation. Hmmm, what could I use? I found a lily-of-the-valley die and decided it would look pretty convincing if cut from green cs and not embossed to give the flowers definition. What do you think?  I thought it looked ok so edged a bit in brown distress ink to make it look more grungy looking and attached.  This entire piece was then popped onto muted blue cs and then again onto watercolor cs. 



I hope you like today's inspiration. Don't forget to leave a comment below. 



Friday, October 18, 2013

Stamptangle Pumpkins...Halloween Fun!

Today I am lucky enough to bring you a card made using a smokin' hot brand spankin new Stamptangle image....
 

 
The thing I love about this image is that you can cut the pumpkin apart at the segment lines and mount it on your card at varying heights.
 
Makes for a very impressive dimensional image in person.

 
Hope you're all enjoying Autumn!
 
Ink Stained Roni
 

Monday, October 7, 2013

Framed Fun

Hi Bloggers. 

Linda K here to show you a card made with a stencil template frame and coordinating stamp from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps. It is actually called Irregular 6 Frame and you can find it here. It was really fun to make and quite quick and easy. Here's the completed card and below is how I made it.....

First, I used the stamp called Irregular 6 frame with black ink. I laid the coordinating stencil template down on white cs and taped it with washi tape to keep it from moving. Then I stippled with distress inks around the edges of each window in the stencil. I used post-it notes to mask edges as needed also when I stamped the other images in the windows. The picture on the left shows the other images I used in the windows.  All stamps used are listed below as well.

I
I remembered I had a bag of wood wedges picked up at a garage sale (thinking I could do "something" with 'em sometime) so pulled one out and the turned bird fit perfectly on it. I stippled the wood first, then stamped the image with black Archival ink. I stamped both of the bird images I have and decided to try putting embossing paste on it to give it dimension so used the "extra" as my trial image. I liked it so did the same to the image I used for the card....see a closeup below.
I adhered the wood with E6000 glue as it is bulkier than a usual embellishment. I adhered the white cs to black cs and then to a sage-colored piece. I left room on the left side for multicolored natural twine and stapled it at various places with the Tiny Attacher and touched up the staples with a brown Sharpie.


Stamps Used:
D3702 - Blackbird (used as my trial sample)

Thanks so very much for finding our Blog today and check back again soon. 

Friday, October 4, 2013

Colorful & Happy...

Here's to a Colorful & Happy Life!
 
 
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps:
 
The turtles were stamped on cardstock that I had alcohol inked then carefully trimmed out.
The background is also created with alcohol inks and matted onto a blue-green card base.
 
Hope you all have a wonderful day!