Friday, August 29, 2014

Changing Leaves ♥

 
Good Morning!
Kelly here from the DT :)
 
Have you ever had this much fun with buttons?! 
I sure did!
 
One of the most glorious times of year is the "Changing of the leaves",
especially for those fortunate enough to live much further North. 
There is something so profound and tangible when Autumn arrives ....
from the delightful new crispness in the air, the leaves bursting into a kaleidoscope of colors, big comfy sweaters, Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
I love Autumn and the beautiful promise that this time of year holds ♥


 
I thought way outside the box with my card today ~
 and had an absolute blast doing so! 
 I sat, sorting through my huge containers of buttons
 in every color, shape and size. 
 I inked up the uber fabulous Stamptangle Tree stamp from Just For Fun stamps
(stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black), gave it a quick monotone brush of color with Prismacolor markers (walnut, light umber)
and glued down a variety of 'leaves = buttons' for a unique Fall look!
 
The deeply etched rubber makes for a great, clear stamped impression.
And so versatile!  I can picture this stamp being in the 4 seasons -
back again for Winter, snow clinging to the branches to the
beautiful blossoms of Spring.  The possibilities are endless.
 
Thanks so much for your visit today!
Big hugs,
Kelly
 
Stamp used:  Stamptangle Tree H3809

2 comments:

  1. So stinkin' CUTE!!! I LOVE buttons so this is near and dear to my heart! Wonderful intro into Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buttons for leaves is a cute idea, NICE card!

    ReplyDelete