Monday, October 6, 2014

Bird on a Pumpkin and a Bewitched Cat


Hello Just For Fun Friends! Nancy Y here today sharing TWO cards for Halloween.
 
For this first card I used the Medium StampTangle Pumpkin, a bird from the Pair of Birds stamp, and some fun bright colors. I created my own patterned paper using cardstock, ink, a stencil and an emboss resist technique. To complete the card I added some twine and a small round tag with the number 31 ~


 

Supplies Used:

Pair of Birds ~ A3574 ( I used one bird )

Archival ink ~ Jet Black, Distress inks ~ Dusty Concord, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed, white gel pen, stencil, clear embossing ink, embossing powder, rub-ons (31), round tag, twine, and white cardstock.

Finished card size is 4.25 x 5.5 ~ A2

 Bewitched Cat ~




To create this card I quickly rolled some ink onto the cardstock using a brayer, sprayed it with shimmer mist just over the brayered area, then added a few splatters of ink using a wet paint brush. Each layer was dried with a heat tool.
 
Next I stamped and heat embossed the Witch's Broom, then did the same with the Scardy Cat. I then stamped the sentiment, mounted it to cardstock, and attached it to a card base that I had already dry embossed. I finished it off by adding some white to the cat's eyes and attaching a few sequins.


Supplies Used:

Witch's Broom ~ D3429

white cardstock, midnight cardstock, embossing ink, embossing powder, Distress ink ~ chipped sapphire, archival ink ~ jet black, brayer, shimmer mist ( I make my own with Pearl Ex ~ for this mist I used antique silver, gum Arabic and water ), white gel pen, embossing folder, and a few sequins.

Finished card size is 4.25 x 5.5 ~ A2

Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope I've inspired you to get inky!
 
Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Those are so cute but I LOVE the cat card...too stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Nancy! Live the blog rich colors!

    ReplyDelete