Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Salem Witch and Trick or Treat

Salem Witch

It's Roxie here today to show you a couple of Just For Fun's Halloween silhouette images. 

The image panel was created using the sponging technique with distress inks.  I stamped the trees with Memento ink and the witch with StazOn ink because it's thicker and will cover the tree line image so no masking needed, I use a stamp positioner in case I need to stamp again.

For each bat I punched out two shapes and used foam tape to connect them then tacky glue to attach to the card.

For the faux brads I cut from black paper 1/8" circles using a die, cover them with Aleene's Paper Glaze and if you want them to shine cover with Copic marker.  They are attach with tacky glue.

Images: Just For Fun Rubber Stamps:  Salem Witch, Winter Tree Line
Paper: AC Cardstock - purple, Bazzill - yellow, The Paper Company- black, unknown white
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink: Rusty Hinge, Walnut Stain, Black Soot, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Memento - Tuxedo Black, StazOn - Jet Black
Tools: Perfect Paper Crafting - Perfect Layer 1/16" and 1/8" rulers, Martha Stewart - bat and web punches, Scor-Pal - embossing lines around the purple panel,  Cuttlebug - Tiny Tags die

 Trick or Treat

Another background created with sponging.  Once the sky colors were down I added the moon by punching a 1" circle from scrap paper to create a mask and placed it on the panel and used the direct to paper technique and rubbed the ink pad onto the panel.

Next I stamped the images using the two inks as described in the witch card. 

To get my ground area darker I masked off the sky and used the direct to paper technique.

Images: Just For Fun Rubber Stamps: Sentiments 1, Trick or Treat, Winter Tree Line,
Paper: unknown white, Remember When - black
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Brilliance - Moonlight White, Memento - Tuxedo Black, Staz-On - Jet Black
Tools: Quickutz - die for sentiment, Perfect Layers for 1/16" border

5 comments:

  1. Hi, again I forgot to tell you that I share your Halloween cards to my friends on Facebook. Under my name Delama Starling. And thank you again for sharing your beautiful Halloween cards!!
    Happy Hallowee ;-)
    Delama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooih Roxie both cards are exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are Beautiful cards Roxie! Love them!!!
    Nancy :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Both of these cards are amazing but that witch...such a striking image! Love what you did with them... Really gets me in the Halloween mood :)

    ReplyDelete