Friday, November 14, 2014

Christmas Inspiration

Happy Friday!! I know some of you are still creating for the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday, but today I wanted to share a couple Christmas cards made with stamps from Just For Fun.

First up is my newest card made just for this blog post - a shadow box card.
These are so much fun to make and actually really easy. And they lay flat for easy mailing. 


Sorry I don't have any step by step photos, because usually when I make a card I don't really think about the design until I have started, and by that time my desk is just a complete mess, and no room for photographing. And I don't have good lighting in my stamp corner. But here are the simple steps for those of you that would like to know how it's done.

I started out with two pieces of kraft cardstock, measuring 4.25 x 5.5 inches each. I scored these at 0.5 and 1 inches on the left and right side (shorter sides). Next I cut a window out on one of the card stocks using a nestability die, which is going to be used for my top piece. As you can see, I used a background stamp on this card stock. You can also decorate this with designer paper if you wish. 
I adhered the stamped trees onto the other piece of card stock. (I cut the image panel to fit between the scored lines.)  Next I folded along the scored lines (both pieces in the opposite direction), and added sticky tape to the sides to create this shadow box card. Added some coordinating papers and decorated with the sentiment and snowflake.


For the image on the inside, I simply stamped the trees using archival ink onto white card stock. Then I swiped the ink pad across the paper to add some color. I also added some frosted lace stickles glitter to the trees and snowy ground. I wanted a little more contrast, so I decided to use part of the glorious song sentiment here and there on my top piece of card stock. 

JFF Stamps used:

Last week I created the following card, which was shared on my blog. I loved how it turned out, and decided to share it here as a second card.
  JFF Stamps used:
If you'd like to read a bit more about this card, simply visit this blogpost

Enjoy your weekend and
Happy Stamping,


6 comments:

  1. Oh Ellie! Both cards are stunning!! Gorgeous holiday cards ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, I like the color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! Love the shadow box, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are amazing! LOVE how the first card is so dimensional and the colors are beautiful. Your second card has such a lovely vintage feel to it...really pretty!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete