Friday, March 27, 2015

Bokeh Background and Dandelion Blooms

Happy Friday :-)

Ellie here today, my turn to share a creation with you. I recently discovered this wonderful technique called "Bokeh" and since it's so fun and easy to do, I decided to use it on today's card.



If you haven't tried this technique yet, you really should. Super easy to do!! I don't have a specific tutorial to link to, but there are several on pinterest and youtube.

These are the steps I used:
1.  Mask off edge of watercolor paper using washi tape.
2. Wet paper with a clean watercolor brush.
3. Add your watercolors to the paper (be sure the whole paper is covered with paint
with no white space in between).
4. Let dry or use heating tool for quicker drying
5. Create a homemade stencil using different sized circle punches (you can use acetate for this, I simply used card stock, because I don't have acetate)
6. Simply use this stencil to add white craft ink to the background
7. Try different intensity levels of craft ink for different sized circles (I tried to have my smallest circles be the most intense).
8. Your background is now complete and you can create the card with it :-)
(Be careful when removing the washi tape if you like to use the border in your card design)

You don't have to use watercolor paints, you can use dye ink-reinkers too. Gelatos would probably work too. 

Product List:
(both from JFF)
watercolor paper by Canson
watercolor paints
white craft ink, versafine onyx ink
MS butterfly punch, sticky rhinestones
washi tape for masking, heating tool
circle punches for making stencil, sponge

Hope you like today's creation!

Happy Stamping!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment