Saturday, September 26, 2015

Beware It's That Time Of The Year!

Myoriah here with another post. Today I have two Halloween cards to share with you.  The focal stamps are from the Summer 2015 collection and I had so much fun playing with them.

First up is a mummy card. You better watch out because he is arising from his coffin. ;-)
Background is airbrushed with markers. Panel on top of that is embossed with Paper Studio embossing folder and airbrushed with a silver Sharpie.

 Mummy is stamped on a used dryer sheet glued to card. I used Jet Black Stazon ink.  His feet are then glued flat and the head pop dotted up to make it look like he is arising out of the coffin. Coffin is painted with gouache and a gold gel pen used for the hinges.
I first applied gesso to card and applied cheesecloth however the stamping didn't really show up even using black ink. So it was back to the drawing board.  I then took a scrap of non stick parchment paper which I had covering my worktable when I did different techniques so it is grungy looking. Stamped with Stazon ink and then glued cheesecloth over.  I love the resulting effect.

Here is the second card. I must confess I'm an arachnid lover so when I saw this Wicked Spider stamp I knew I just had to use it.

I used the same embossing folder as for the card above. Then used my airbrush with a paint mixture to get splatters.  I then dabbed fingerpaint in places and used just the air part of the airbrush for the paint to spread out.
The sentiment is stamped on a scrap piece of card. Yes, I will confess I'm a scrap hoarder.
I don't own one of the JFF web stamps  so I cut a web out using an electric cutting machine. I then glued crotchet thread and sprinkled glitter. I love the extra dimension the crotchet thread gives. Regular thread may need to be used with a stamped image.

The spider was stamped with white embossing ink so I could see how well it did or did not stamp on the black paper before using copper embossing powder. (I haven't been able to find more of the detail embossing powder so hoard it.) Cut out by hand and pop dotted onto the web.

Stamps used:

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Halloween creations and that I've inspired you to create your own. Thank you for stopping by.



1 comment: