Saturday, September 12, 2015

Down By The Seashore

Hi everyone Myoriah here with my first post. I'm thrilled to be here and let me tell you with all the fabulous stamps it was difficult to pick which ones I wanted to use first.

I got to thinking how once Labor Day was over and school had started again  I loved to go to the ocean when I lived closer. Often I ended up having the beach all to myself and with September being the seductress she is the weather was often still warm and sunny. Perhaps like me you live too far from the ocean to enjoy so come on a virtual journey down by the seashore.


 This card was so much fun to create. I started out using a paper towel background which I created. First I separated the paper towel so it was a single layer then sprinkled Brusho Colour Crystals on it and then dabbed with a sponge brush acrylic floor wax to blend the colors. When dry I adhered my background to a scrap piece of card stock. This is a great way to use stained card stock or card stock where you had stamped but didn't like the outcome.

My next step was cutting out my waves and my cloud using an electronic cutting machine. The waves  have waterfall Stickles applied to them.  I took the down by the seashore stamp and stamped it on a cloud.. I ended up having to trim the cloud on the top to fit and not have the dolphin hide the words.

I'm a frugal crafter so when my adhesive cork started ripping when I tried to cut it with an electronic machine I decided to not panic. Instead I thought it would make nice sand for a seashore card.  I took a Existencil sea stencil and placed it over the cork. I then used a finger dauber with Photo Vintage Distress Ink. Moved the stencil a hair and went back using a spouncer with white texture medium.

My green vegetation is actually card stock cut with a Spellbinder corner flourish die. For some reason it didn't cut all the way through but I was able to salvage a portion of it to use here. I used a dauber with Mown Grass distress ink to give a little definition.

I always like to save the best for the last. We have here the star of the card Stamptangle Dolphin. The dolphin is stamped on foil covered card stock using Jet Black Stazon ink. Then airbrushed with three different Sharpie markers including silver. Normally I would run foil covered card stock through my embossing machine with only the platforms and extra card stock for shims to smooth it out but in this case I thought the imperfections would add character.After airbrushing I cut  the dolphin out with scissors and used two layers of adhesive foam squares in the center .  After playing around I ended up having the dolphin extend over the edge of my card base. As it turned out I glued everything on a narrower card base so the card still fits in a standard A2 envelope. :-)

I hope you have enjoyed your virtual journey to the seashore. I also hope you will try foil as a stamping material whether you adhere it to card stock or glue and fold it into several layers.Thank you for stopping by and do come back to see what other design team members have done. Next time I'm up I'll be sharing a couple of Halloween cards.

1 comment:

  1. It was very intriguing to learn how you created this card. The result of all your techniques is awesome. Thank you for sharing in photos and words.

    ReplyDelete