Saturday, September 19, 2015

Frankenstein bursting out!

Hello my name is Sue ..... I'm one of the new design team members.....this
is my first post here and I'm excited to be here.
Halloween is my favorite time to make cards because I can go a little dark & scary so here I'm showcasing Frankenstein in both my card and ATC.  Just proves that you can take a fairly big image and use the whole image or part of it.  I called them Frankenstein bursting out because that is what he looks like he's doing.  In order to fit him on the card I had to make a medium (6 1/2" x 4 3/4") size card, normally I do note (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") card.  The patter paper is 4 1/4" x 6" then I determined how big I wanted the cut out to be then next just cut strips inside the cut out, rolled each section back onto the card.  That is all there is to it to create the bust out section.  Now for the ATC ( 3 1/2" x 2 1/2") I just cut out a small section and made a X then cut the sections and folded them back for the opening. Both Frankies are colored with Prima color pencils, my favorite coloring medium.  Hope you like my bursting out Frankies.

4 comments:

  1. Love the "bursting out". Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello my friend. thank you.
      stamping sue
      http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. I love your bursting out especially the card with one foot out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique used on both cards. It makes such a statement! TFS! kReN

    ReplyDelete