Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Haunted House Scene

Hi everyone it is Myoriah here with an extra post.  I thought I would do one more Halloween post. I had this idea in my head before I even had the chance to order some stamps. I thought it would be fun to do a Halloween scene in one of the water globe stamps. This was suppose to be a shaker card but I shook the card and the leaves got stuck where they landed. Lol!
I was playing with stamping using Distress re-inkers. Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber are the two colors I used. I randomly stamped using Bats and did some shadow stamping where you stamp again without re-inking he stamp.

I stamped Happy Halloween using Jet Black Stazon. I'm always a little nervous directly stamping but let me tell you these stamps are such good quality stamps that every stamped image has been perfect. :-)

I stamped Waterglobe Wooden on both card and acetate using Stazon Rusty Brown ink. I then cut just the globe part out of the acetate and applied Dimensional Magic where the bubble is. On the card I painted the wooden base with gouache.

The leaves and haunted house were cut with my electronic cutting machine. I wasn't sure how the haunted house was going to cut so small so cut it out of white card. I then decided to go ahead and airbrush it with black and a dark blue marker hoping for a little bit of contrast between the house and the cat. The house was then backed with scraps of yellow card.

I love this Small Scardy Cat stamp. Although you can't tell in the picture I stamped with Ranger Archival Black  Ink and then heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder before cutting the cat out. I colored the eyes with a yellow glaze pen.

Sakura Quickie Pen worked great for gluing the acetate on the stamped card. You can't even tell where I glued the two pieces together.

Stamps used:

  • Bats
  • Happy Halloween
  • Waterglobe Wooden
  • Small Scardy Cat
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my Haunted House Scene card.

No comments:

Post a Comment