Saturday, October 24, 2015

Autumn Greetings

Hi it is Myoriah here. I hope you have been enjoying Autumn weather. It has been a gorgeous Indian Summer. Today I have for you a card using the Stamptangle Maple Leaf. I am loving all the different Stamptangle images in the Summer 2015 collection. Of course Autumn is my favorite season with the crisp cool morning and the leaves turning vibrant colors.


I had so much fun doing this card. The background was created with Faber Castel pan water colors. I love this set because the colors are usually  bright. I misted the colors I wanted to use with water to activate them and pounced a stencil brush in the color and randomly pounced the different colors. Sometimes I went over an area to blend and soften the color some. This is one technique you can't go wrong doing and makes a nice background for stamping.

Next I took B Butterfly Trail and stamped it. Just because a stamp is designed for one use doesn't mean it can't be used for something else. The stamp reminds me of Autumn winds and the way the leaves fall to the ground.

I was looking at the card thinking it needed something. I knew the Colorful Autumn Greetings stamp was probably too large to use at the bottom. I used a post it note to cover all but the Greetings part and stamped on white tissue wrapping paper. Then took my water colors and colored the tissue paper so it would blend in better than if it was stark white.  Don't be afraid to use just part of a stamp there is no rule in stamping that says you have to use the whole stamp. :-)


I had so much fun playing with the stamped image of the Stamptangle Maple Leaf. First I stamped with Ranger Archival Ink because it is waterproof. Then I got out my blending chalks and played. Believe it or not this leaf was originally stamped on white card stock. After I liked how the leaf looked I took Liquitex Iridescent Medium.and painted it over the leaf. I love how just a little of the medium creates a sheen and in this case also worked as a sealer for the chalk. Then the real fun began when I got out my Sakura Gelly Roll clear glitter pen and Sakura Glaze pens. If you have not played with Glaze pens they give a glossy finish and look like you heat embossed as they dry raised. For this leaf I used the yellow, red, and orange pens.

Recently while cleaning I came across a bag of fabric leaves I had bought at Dollar Tree. I won't mention how many years ago. Lol!  I thought a red orange leaf would be perfect to use for a mat. I can't believe how it makes the colors pop on the Stamptangle Maple Leaf.

What is your favorite season?

Thanks for stopping by and do come back and check out what the rest of the team is doing.

Stamps used:
Colorful Autumn Greetings
B Butterfly Trail.
Stamptangle Maple Leaf

.

No comments:

Post a Comment