Saturday, October 10, 2015

Colorful Autumn Greetings

Hi everyone today is my day to post and since Autumn is in full swing in my neck of the woods I thought I would share an Autumn card with you. When I was looking through the catalog of Just For Fun stamps and saw the sentiment stamp Colorful Autumn Greetings I knew I just had to have it as it would be perfect for a Autumn card. As some of you know I am also a frugal crafter. I was trying to see if I could use Sticky Embossing Powder with foil using the Stamptangle Oak Leaf I was not successful in fact the leaf on this card the ink was really absorbed into the card stock and dried before I could even add the embossing powder. O.K. enough yapping on my part. Here is my Colorful Autumn Greetings card.

I love to experiment and play. Since I did not have a color of ink I liked for the sentiment I decided to put a few drops of Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber re-inker on wax paper and run my brayer through the drops to mix the colors. Then I used the brayer to apply the ink to the stamp. After several tries I discovered it worked best to use the stamp with the Fiskar Stamp Press instead of an acrylic block. Also it worked best using the shiny side of the white tissue wrapping paper to stamp on to get crisp letters. I was afraid the ink would run because of it being Distress Ink but yeah it didn't run when I colored the wrapping paper with my airbrush and Spectrum Noir markers. I cut the sentiment out free form and adhered it with a glue stick. 

After I got the card assembled I wasn't happy with my choice of  card base. I know I'm probably the only one that happens to. I remembered I had in my Washi tape stash this yellow chevron tape by G Studio. I'm going to have to see if WalMart has more of it next time I go. ;-) Although the Washi tape is sticky I've had instances where it has come loose on projects. I use the Elmer's Extra Bond Glue stick to adhere it.



 .
I am so in love with all the Stamptangle leaves in the Summer 2015 collection. This oak leaf one was originally stamped on the same orange paper as the background with Ranger Archival Black ink. I used my embossing pad on it and then brushed a few different colors of Perfect Pearls on the leaf. Wasn't happy with the results so ended up since I ordered a new embossing pad to stamp the pad over the leaf again. This time I used the Cappuccino Perfect Pearls color. I then spritzed the leaf with water and knew from my experience of trying to use a laser printer with this particular card stock that it would curl. Using that to my advantage I used my heat gun to curl my leaf. I adhered the leaf just in the center with glue.

There you have it my colorful Autumn card. Thank you for stopping by and happy Autumn!


 Stamps Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment