Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Faux Stained Glass Wire Reindeer

Hey all! Pam here with you today to share a Christmas inspiration card- featuring a technique I called Faux Stained Glass.
I have gotten a jump start this year on creating my holiday cards and this one features the Wire Sculpture Deer (side view).



The deer was stamped with Versamark Ink and embossed using Ranger Liquid Platinum to mimic the Wire Sculpture.  The background was created using various shades of red Distress Stain Sprays, Dylusions, and Hero Arts Unicorn White.  To create the stained glass effect easy deer was painted with the Cherry Red Dylusions spray using a water color brush.


A complimenting bow and some jingle bells were added and the entire piece was matted with a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock- the edges of which were embossed in Liquid Platinum to coordinate with the reindeer.
I plan to make several more of these as holiday cards- using various other holiday colors- green, winter blue etc.
Thanks for stopping by today and please stay tuned to the JFF blog and my blog for more great inspiration using the fab JFF stamps.
Embrace Imperfection,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Pam, love this card. You can send me one, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lovely card! and I like fun mail, too. lol! stamping sue

    ReplyDelete