Monday, October 19, 2015

Wicked Trees






It is hard to believe fall is here and Halloween is just around the corner.  I am featuring the Wicked Trees stamp on two similar cards but with very different looks.

x

I wanted this first card to have more of a fall look.  I started with the Tattered Screen Background stamp inked with three different Distress Inks.  The Wicked Trees were stamped in black on top of this.  The sections were cut apart, layered on orange cardstock, and arranged on green cardstock layered on black.

x

The pumpkin was created with the Stamptangle Pumpkin (medium), stamped on cream cardstock colored with the same three Distress Inks.  These were fussy cut and paper pieced. The sentiment is created using part of the Colorful Autumn Greetings, stamped on green cardstock and layered on black.



For the second card, I wanted more of a Halloween look.  The Wicked Trees are heat embossed with black embossing powder on craft designer cardstock.  Once again they are cut apart, this time layered on white and arranged on black and coordinating designer cardstock.



The Mummy and Hanging Bat (large) are heat embossed with white embossing powder on black cardstock, fussy cut, and adhered to the card front.  I chose to make the bat white because I wanted it to pop, rather than blend with the background.  The sentiment comes from the designer cardstock.

I think I might need to use these trees again with a winter theme!


E. Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment