Saturday, November 28, 2015

An Old Fashioned Bubbly Christmas

Hi everyone can you believe that it is already the end of November.  With Thanksgiving over if you are like me from now until Christmas you will be busy with last minute projects. Today I have a quick card to share with you. It took longer for the Dimensional Magic to dry and for me to get some decent photos than to make the card itself.

When I saw the Bubble Light stamp I knew I had to have it as it brings back childhood memories. It was fun coloring it and creating this card.


I love playing and remembered years ago making backgrounds using shaving cream and left over soap dyes from the days when I used to make my own soap. Recently on a rainy day I decided to play with shaving cream and a couple of Distress Reinkers. Picture details are on my blog https://craftingfrugalway.blogspot.com


 The focal point is stamped with Forest Green Stazon ink and then used a glitter embossing powder just on the greenery. Alas the sparkle doesn't show in the photo. I used the gelatos like paint on the greenery and the candle. The base of the bubblier was colored with a couple of color pencils. Then Liquitex Iridescent Medium brushed over it. The Gold Mod Podge Dimensional Magic was only applied to the tube part. I wish you could see this in person as it really looks like a glass tube. I love the specks of gold glitter.

I originally cut my stamped image out in an oval but didn't like it as it covered up too much of the background. So ended up cutting it free form.


Sometimes it is difficult to photograph things that sparkle and that was the case with the sentiment so I tried to get a closeup.There are a few different Merry Christmas stamps and this is the Merry Christmas stamp I liked the best. I stamped on vellum with Forrest Green Stazon Ink and then used Holographic embossing powder. I love how the sentiment turned out and the vellum allows the background to show through.

Are you busy making cards?

Thank you for stopping by and do come back to see what is happening around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment