Saturday, November 14, 2015

We Three Wise Men

Hi everyone Myoriah here. With Halloween over it is now time that I start getting really serious about making my Christmas cards. Especially since I like to get all my cards in the mail the first week in December. When I saw the 3 Wise Men On Camels I knew how I wanted to use it. The stamp is the perfect size to use in the Waterglobe Woodbase .


I stamped my water globe on white card stock using Ranger Archival Ink. Then I took my airbrush and used a blue and purple glitter marker. Next I took the 3 Wise Men On Camels stamp and used Ranger Archival Ink again. I used yellow ocher gouache to color the sand. I took a clear glitter pen to color thee stars. Unfortunately the gold Dimensional Magic came out heavier with the glitter on that part so they don't show. I masked the base part to try to keep the Dimensional Magic from getting on it.

The wood base of the water globe wood base was colored with a black color pencil.

I had a difficult time photographing the Opal foil transfer that I used on the embossed stars and still get a sharp image of the 3 Wise Men so below is another photo which showcases the embossed panel.. The embossing folder is by Paper Studio and I'm sure there are other star folders out there. I used purple for my embossed panel since purple is the color of Advent.

Give me thirty years and I might learn how to get good photos using glitter and shiny surfaces. ;-)


I cut my circle frame using my cutting machine. I had wanted to use a star frame but alas it did not work so now I have a star frame for another project. :-)

Thank you for stopping by and do be sure to come back to check out what other design team members do.

Stamps used:
Waterglobe Woodbase
3 Wise Men On Camels

No comments:

Post a Comment