Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it we are quickly heading into a New Year full of new beginnings. Also full of resolutions or as I like to call them goals. Every year I make crafting goals and I can honestly say that my room is more organized and I've tried new things. Enough yakking and onto the reveal of my card.
I have some confetti card stock which I'm not too fond of so I used that as my base if you look carefully you can see some dots throguh the tissue paper. I then mod podge tissue paper on it. I discovered since my mod podge is thicker the card stock doesn't buckle like when I use glue.  

Then I took a Silhouette Store cutting file and ungrouped it so I could fill in the center square with black and printed with my laser printer. Then applied gold foil using a laminator. The cutting lines didn't print dark enough so I ended up using a gold gel pen to edge the scallops.

  I forgot to take in account the size of the New Year Frame So ended up heat embossing on vellum the frame. Then adhering over the foil.

Unlike digital stamps you can't resize rubber stamps. However, sometimes you can use just a portion of a stamp. In this case I stamped  just the glass portion of the Celebration stamp. Then cut it out after heat embossing and using gold and clear Dimensional Magic on the champagne glasses. I love the look I get with Dimensional Magic..

Happy New Year and may it be a year full of Just For Fun stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment