Saturday, December 12, 2015

Winter Wonderland

Wow! Here it is just a couple of more weeks before Christmas and other Winter holidays.  I know the days are going to really be flying by. For my first project here I  matted this with a dark green and yesterday found a frame at a thrift store. Alas I could not get a good picture of it framed. :-(

I used a recycled box for my base. The base was gessoed and painted then wrapping tissue paper airbrushed for the sky and my Pine Forest stamped. Once the tissue paper was glued on I sprinkled fine glitter.  Some of the glitter ended up in the sky but that is alright as it really looks like it is snowing.

I cut the snowflakes out with an electronic machine and heat embossed with Recollection Winter Wonderfland  powder.

I love this Classic Snowman. After stamping I colored with pencils all but the candy cane where I used a glaze pen.

This Sleigh Ride stamp is large but by pop dotting on my base I was able to work it into my scene. Coloring was done with color pencils and I decided to use pastel colors for blanket,hats,etc. in the sleigh.

My second project is a card. I was experimenting and although I had a disaster being the queen of salvage I didn't have to throw it out. I hate when products don't play together nicely.

First off we have the frame here. This is vanilla colored card but other colors will work like a light brown or beige.  To get a wood grain look for your projects use a sponge brush with gel paint. Gel paiint can be found in the hobby paint section

For this card I used Canson Acrylic XL paper cut to size.  Because  of using different mediums I wanted something which would not buckle.

Wrapping tissue paper was once again airbrushed with an alcohol marker. You can use a color mist. Be aware that the color may change and it may smear when covered with the paste in another step.

 The pine forest was once again stamped with the same dark green. After gluing on my base the fun began.  Golden Light Molding Paste was applied only over the sky and trees. It dries opaque so things still show through. Once the paste was dried I re-stamped my forest since it really didn't show like I wanted and the green Stazon ink smeared a little.

The Classic snowman is heat embossed  using black powder and then colored with water color paints. Pop dotted on the card.

I love how my cracked ice turned out and it was easy to do. The hardest part was the waiting for things to dry. I did this part before I had bought the molding paste so I used a texture paste I've had for a couple of decades and hardly use. :-(. Not that any of you have supplies like that. After it dried I painted a thick layer of Liquitex Iridescent Medium my go to medium when I want lots of shimmer. Once dried I used DecoArts One Step Crackle. I though perhaps I was putting too thick of a coat on  but as you can see it turned out perfectly. Your results may be different depending on what products you use and how thick you apply the products.. I know using Elmer Glue over acrylic paint I've gotten finer cracks.

There you have it two projects using a couple of the same stamps to create scenes. By the way you could mask over the happy holiday part of the snowman stamp and use it in a winter scene. I hope I've inspired you to look at your stamps and see what scenes you may be able to create.

Play and have fun which is easy to do with Just For Fun stamps. :-) Also remember to come back and see what other Design Team members have done.  Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment