Saturday, January 9, 2016

Be Happy And Experimenting

Hi I'm excited to share a couple of cards for the first time this year. One of my art goals is to try new things and to see how different products work on different mediums.

A friend gave me a box of Crown Waxfibre Food Dividers. I thought it would be fun to see what I could do with it. Another thing I wanted to try was stamping on fabric and painting over the stamping with acrylic paint.

Here is the first card where the food dividers were used.


I saw a card where a woven panel was used as a background using painted card stock and heat embossed stamped vellum.  A small pattern stamp was used for the vellum strips but I decided to see what  would happened if I stamped using a larger stamp and then cutting my strips. I used the Simple Brush Flourish stamp and stamped two rows on vellum. Then heat embossed with white pearl powder which ended up looking more silver on the vellum.  I cut these in 1/2 inch strips. Then I painted two different colors of purple acrylic paint on white card stock using a bristle brush.  I sponged acrylic antique gold paint over the purple but it doesn't really show up. The card stock was also cut in 1/2 inch stips. Then woven together.

I cut a frame out using my cutting machine and then colored it with a silver paint marker. Lol I now remember why I only use the paint markers in good weather when I can use them outdoors. I cut black card to use for the base..


I used Stazon Ink to stamp the Fashion Warbler Small on a food divider. I colored it with Faber Castell water color pan paints and the body with a metallic pan paint.  I discovered that the paint beaded up on the surface so I used a paper towel to blot before changing to another color. Can't wait to experiment more with the Food Dividers.

The Be Happy is printed on the scrap of the Food Divider . Then the speech bubble cut out using my cutting machine.

Here is my second card the experiment of stamping and painting on fabric.
I first stamped on cotton fabric using  black Memento ink. Then dry brushed two different shades of blue acrylic paint mixed with glaze over the stamped B Buterrfly Trail which allowed the stamped image to show.

The more detailed B-2 Sided Butterfly stamp. I heat embossed with antique gold embossing powder. Then colored the body with a black Glaze pen. I used transfer adhesive first for the turquoise foil and after doing the turqouise used the adhesive on the dots for the purple foil.

The finishing touch was to make a top and bottom border using G Studio Washi tape.

I hope I have inspired you to experiment and play. Wishing you a year full of stamping and playing just for fun.

See you again on the 23rd  with a Valentine card in the meantime be sure to come back and see what the other design team members are doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment