Saturday, January 23, 2016

Love Is In The Air

Hi everyone love is in the air and Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I was so excited when I received my Just For Stamps and couldn't wait to play with the Adoring Couple stamp. Although I'm using this stamp for a few Valentine's cards it would also be perfect for anniversary cards.



I took a scrap Crown waxfibre paper and heat embossed with black the sentiment from Unmounted Sentiment 1  I love this stamp as there are all kinds of sentiments. After adhering the sentiment piece to the card base using a glue stick I adhered adhesive trim which I had in my stash.

It took me two tries to get my heart with the stamped Adoring Couple right. Note to self do not run waxfibre paper through your Creative Station as it wrinkles. :-(  Oh well I needed to practice coloring. 

Some people cut out a shape and then stamp but for me I find it is easier to stamp first and then cut out the shape. After stamping and cutting out the heart I turned the heart over to color. The reason I turned my stamped image over to color with color pencils is because the colors end up being softer on the stamped side. Because the waxfibre paper is opaque I used a glue stick to adhere the heart to my embossed background. I love the way my background shows through.

As I said in the beginning the Adoring Couple stamp would also be perfect for an anniversary card. I decided to use a napkin for the background. This time of the year you can find all kinds of napkins with a love theme.



The adoring couple was stamped on a scrap of pink card stock. Then colored with pencils. The peach color doesn't really show in the photo for the skin.  My cut out heart is framed with adhesive trim. I was sweating it as I was applying the trim as it comes in packages of only 1 foot.

The sentiment "happy anniversary is also from the unmounted sentiment number 1 stamp. I cut the stamped words apart to fit on the speech bubble.

There you have it two cards using the same focal stamp for different occasions.  I hope I have inspired you to make romantic cards because "Love Is In The Air".

Thank you for stopping by and come back to see what the rest of the team is doing..

No comments:

Post a Comment