Saturday, February 27, 2016

Coming Up Shamrocks

"O Paddy dear, and did ye hear the news that's goin' round?
The shamrock is by law forbid to grow on Irish ground."

Luckily there is no law that says you can't use shamrocks in your crafting. And if you want a shamrock as a focal point but don't have a stamp don't panic. You can create your own Shamrock using the  Heart Cube like I did for this card.


The background is a napkin from my stash.  I find napkins a frugal way to crate backgrounds so will often use them instead of pattern paper.

I heat embossed three hearts . Then drew my stem with a embossing pen and heat embossed.  I sprayed the embossed pieces with my homemade color mist. Then cut everything out and adhered them in a shamrock shape. 

The sentiment is Happy St. Patrick's Day and although it doesn't look like it in the photo it is also heat embossed. I love the Celtic knots this stamp has.

I hope I've inspired you to look at your heart stamps and create shamrocks or clover with them. It is always fun to do something different with a stamp.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment