Saturday, March 26, 2016

Happy Easter

Hi everyone Myoriah here today to wish you a Happy Easter. I only have the sentiment from the Unmounted sentiments 1 and no other Easter stamps but with a little bit of ingenuity and the Small House Wren stamp I was able to make a Easter card.


I saw a package of flower napkins at a thrift store and knew they would be perfect for a background for Spring cards. While adhering napkins to card I got the idea for this card. Because the design was smaller than the size of card I wanted to make I adhered it to black card stock.

I cut my egg out with my electronic cutting machine. I got the egg wet and then used water color paint. After the paint was dry I discovered my white ink pad was dead so used Sorbet Memento ink with a stencil for some different sizes of circles.

The sentiment tag was in my stash because it was too small for another project. I thought it would work perfectly for this card. Instead of stamping it with black ink I used brown.

The bird was stamped on waxfibre paper using the same Stazon ink. I colored the beak on the backside of the stamped image and cut free form.

Thank you for stopping by. From me and the rest of the design team we wish you a Happy Easter. Also just a reminder that you still have time to enter this month's challenge. Details can be found here. http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/03/celebrate-spring-challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment