Saturday, March 12, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day

My Irish eyes are smiling today as I share this card with you. I have a ton of clipart and sometimes like to use vintage images. Especially Irish ones although this image is a Dover Sample (you can sign up here to get a newsletter with links to samples) similar images can be found at The Graphic Fairy.



I have been wanting to experiment with cotton fabric and a Gelli Plate. For the background I used the Gelli Plate with fabric. After I applied the second coat of paint a metallic paint I stamped randomly on the plate with the Shamrock stamp. Those are the light almost ghost shamrocks. Then I decided to see about stamping with acrylic paint using the same stamp but a darker green paint. I painted the paint on the stamp with a sponge brush.

After I cut out my tag I stamped the St. Patrick sentiment. Then I colored the Celtic designs with a green glaze pen.

The lady is a print and cut. After cutting her out using my electric cutting machine I edged around the cutout  with black. The lady is pop dotted.

If you have a Gelli Plate don't be afraid to experiment using stamps with it. Also don't be afraid to experiment with stamping on fabric using acrylic paint.

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you a Happy St. Patrick Day! May the luck of the Irish be with you! Also don't forget that the challenge is still on. Details can be found here. http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/03/celebrate-spring-challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment