Saturday, April 9, 2016

Wish Big

Hi everyone when the March wind blows I think of getting out and flying a kite. I also think of how much fun it would be to go up in a hot air balloon. Alas going up in a hot air balloon will probably never be crossed off my bucket list but Just For Fun has several Hot Air Balloon stamps in their Summer 2015 collection. So I can stamp away and take a trip in my imagination. Dress warm and come join me as we wish big and take off up into the sky.

I found in my stash origami paper which I had bought at a thrift store. I thought the orange would be perfect to use as a mat as well as to stamp the wish Big! which is one of the sentiments on the sheet of  Unmounted Sentiments 1. If you are in need of sentiment stamps the unmounted sheets are a bargain and you are sure to have the perfect sentiment on hand.

 Nowhere is it written in stone that you must use your stamps only with ink. For this card I started by spreading Golden Molding Paste on mixed media paper. I then stamped into the still wet molding paste. This was my first time doing this technique and I took the stamp out of the paste too soon so it is a little rough around the edges of the balloon. I was afraid of ruining the stamp but found out that it is best if you let the molding paste dry with the stamp. Will be less cleanup of the stamp and I've been assured  by a stamping expert that you won't ruin your stamp.

After my molding paste was dry I then painted with acrylic paint. I used two different colors on the ballon and metallic copper on the basket. To give more definition I outlined my image with Sharpies.

I hope you enjoyed your imaginary trip in a hot air balloon. Do come back for more Just For Fun with stamps. The designers have all kinds of fabulous projects in the works to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment