Saturday, May 14, 2016

Mother

Hi everyone I love this Mother quote. Although Mother's Day was Sunday this quote stamp is good to use anytime on a project honoring a Mother.

I started by sprinkling Brusho Colour Crystals on a Darice embossing folder. Then I got my cardstock wet and embossed like usual. It would have been better to use watercolor paper as I had to trim the edges which curled.  I colored the butterflies with an orange gelato and then painted Liqutex Iridescent Medium to soften the wings. I then used a black Glaze pen for the body and antennas. The quote is stamped on a piece of deli paper and cut out.

I love how my embossed piece turned out. If you want to do the same thing a tip I have is to be stingy in sprinkling the pigment. My first try I was too heavy handed. Also the wetness of the paper as well as what paper you use will make a difference in the outcome.

If you have not I encourage you to check out this month's challenge which is "Let's Hear It For The Girls". I would love to have you join in on the fun. Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment