Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Fashion Memories

Kren here to share cards using vintage 
or mid-century inspired images.  
When this theme was announced,
I thought I would have a difficult time "thinking fifties."
And guess what happened?
I couldn't stop thinking fabulous fifties!


Vintage Bathing Suits G3891

This card reminds me of a photo I saw of my Mom at the beach, and
my Mom would have loved the colors on this card.

In the black and white photo, my brother was just a toddler 
and I wasn't very old myself.
My family loved the beach and spent two weeks there each summer so this image reminded me that "memories are forever."

With a Mom and an aunt that were master seamstresses,
I had a new outfit for every occasion and event 
so that was the inspiration behind this card.
I knew more about darts, seams, and hems than most girls my age.
It wasn't my passion but it was a good skill to have.


I followed the fifties theme and used our sketch
to inspire you to participate.
Be a little nostalgic and join us!








No comments:

Post a Comment