Saturday, June 11, 2016

I've Got A Rock N Roll Heart

Wow! Right now with this month's challenge we are having a 50's flashback. It brings back memories of Drive-In movies and going to them in a Chevy. Not sure when Eric Clapton's song came out about having a Rock N Roll Heart and getting off on a 57 chevy but the lyrics couldn't help but go through my head while working on this card.


For this card I used paper which was meant to be used with acrylic and oil paints. As you can see it is textured so I wasn't sure how the Drive In Stamp was going to work.  I was pleased at how well it stamped with Stazon ink.

After stamping my Drive In I painted with silver acrylic paint the area where my car is adhered. The sky is colored with chalk and the Drive In is colored with color pencils.

I stamped the 57 chevy on a piece of scrap card stock.. You can't see it in the photo but the windshield and lights really look like glass as I used Dimensional Magic. I didn't know how well the Dimensional Magic would work over my black glaze pen so colored the steering wheel after the Magic was dry. The tires and yellow parking lights are also colored using Sakura Glaze pens. I lost some of the details on the front passenger tire but I still like how it turned out. The hub caps and car are colored with pencils. The card is then pop dotted onto my background.

Here in the states is Father's Day on the 19th. I think this Chevy 57 or one of the other Vintage car stamps would make a great Father's Day card.

Whether you have a Rock N Roll Heart or not I hope you will join us for our 50's Flashback challenge this month. Details can be found here: http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/06/june-challenge-50s-flashback.html Wishing you lots of fun getting inky. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment