Saturday, June 25, 2016

Those Were The Days

"Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way."

This month our challenge here is 50's flashback. I was pleased to discover that there is a bunch of  50's stamp. Of course while I was  looking through the stamps online I knew when I saw the saddle shoes stamp and the adapter background stamp that I had to have them as they bring back memories from the 50's.


My dad must have gotten tired of me playing my 45's on the living room player because I arrived home from school one day to discover that he had bought me my own record player which also had a radio along with a bunch of adapters so I could put a bunch of records on the spindle to play.

I decided to experiment with the adapter stamp. I inked the unmounted stamp and then placed it on a plate for my embossing machine. Placed my card stock over the stamp and then my embossing mat. I used Memento Lady Bug Red ink and ended up getting a kind of watercolor look.

I did more experimenting and sprinkled Perfect Pearl on one side of the folder and then used a brush and brushed across the folder. I then got wet a scrap of card stock and ran it through the embossing machine like normal.

I then stamped on another scrap of card stock the shoes. While coloring the shoes I remembered my first pair of Saddle Shoes. They were brown and white. I remember how excited I was as my feet were being measured.

Whether you are a child of the 50's or not I encourage you to join in the challenge of a fun era. Details and linky can be found here: http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/06/june-challenge-50s-flashback.html




No comments:

Post a Comment