Saturday, July 9, 2016

A Buck Christmas

Beth here today with a Christmas card since this month's challenge is Christmas in July. Along with the theme is glitter and shimmer. My dogs are now sporting glitter. ;-)


I probably should have titled this post a scrappy Christmas card as this is made using scraps. For my background I decided to see what would happen if  I stamped with a pine cone using metallic acrylic paint. I often use scraps when experimenting.  I love the texture that resulted.

I wasn't sure how the trees were going to stamp using acrylic ink so I took a scrap of card stock to try it out. In a few places the ink was too heavy but I decided to  go ahead and use the piece.  I brushed Liquitex Iridescent Medium on the tops of the trees as well as the bottom and sprinkled crystal glitter. I used chalk for the sky giving it just a hint of color.  I went ahead and used a die to cut it out.

The Merry Christmas I had originally stamped on a scrap of card stock for a different project but then decided not to use it.

The buck I was going to heat emboss with clear embossing powder on a scrap of pattern card stock. However I could tell it did not stamp well so instead of embossing I went ahead and stamped with Timber Brown Stazon. In the places where the embossing ink was the Stazon did not stick so some of the pattern shows through. A happy accident! I decided my buck needed a scarf so tied yarn around the neck.

It was fun creating a Christmas card in July. I hope you will join in the fun.

1 comment:

  1. Stamping with a pinecone was a really great idea! I love the overall look of this card.

    ReplyDelete