Saturday, July 23, 2016

Joy Of Gifts Christmas In July

Hi everyone Beth here with another Christmas card since we are doing Christmas in July challenge. Today my card features the three kings bearings gifts on a background of Joy To The World sheet music.


Since we are also doing shimmer//glitter I used copper card stock for my base.

For my sheet music I printed it out with a laser printer as I did not want the ink to smear. Then I took a scrap of thin cardboard from a box and used Vintage Mod Podge to adhere the sheet music as well as to coat it. Vintage gel medium or anything like that would work. I just happened to have the Mod Podge from a couple of decades ago when decoupage was all the rage.

Once the Mod Podge was dry I used the dropper and Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and dropped some of the ink onto my sheet music and then took a bristle brush and brushed until I got the effect I wanted. I also took a paper towel to wipe some of the ink off in places to give more of a distress look. It takes awhile for the ink to dry so you have time to play. Once the ink was dry I took a bronze sharpie and colored the edge of the cardboard

My background for my stamp was created with an airbrush and alcohol markers. I used the blending marker as well as the colors to get my effect. I stamped with Stazon Black ink so I could paint Iridescent medium over the stars. The shimmer is too subtle to pick up in a photo. Then I took a Gelly Roll pen by Sakura to color the large star.

You still have time to enter the challenge and to get a jump start on making holiday/Christmas cards. I hope you will join us as I would love to see your creations.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the copper cardstock, I have not seen that before. Very creative with the sheet music too :)

    ReplyDelete