Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Joy Ornament

Beth aka Myoriah here today with a Christmas In July card. This challenge is so much fun I couldn't help but make one more creation.  I hope you will join in the challenge.

I love to experiment and trying new things. That is exactly what I did here.

The background I used an embossing folder which is now retired. I'm sure there are similar ones out there. Instead of embossing I used it to do a rubbing. I played around with different mediums and papers and found I liked it best using an oil pastel and deli paper. (A friend gave me a box of 1000 square deli papers and I have to use them up somehow. ;-) ) When I was through with my rubbing I turned it over and randomly scribbled horizontal lines using a gold marker from a dollar store.  Then adhered it to vanilla card stock. Because the deli paper is opaque the card stock shows through. I love the distressed look I got. It goes with the stamped ornament which reminds me of one of the old fashioned ornaments.

I tried to stamp using chalk pastel but couldn't get a good image. I then decided to see about using metallic markers from a dollar store. That wasn't successful either even though I blew on the stamp. Then since I could see there was still ink on the stamp I took a VersaMark pad which had picked up ink from other stamps and was old. Went and stamped and then heat embossed with clear powder. I cut out the ornament and edged with one of the markers. (I will have to keep this in mind for future projects.) Then I decided I wanted some shimmer so brushed iridescent medium on. Because the marker I used was not an alcohol one the purple bled causing a subtle color on the white card stock.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope just for fun you will stamp.


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, I like the background idea a lot. I am not sure what a deli paper is, but it gives a nice texture.

    ReplyDelete