Saturday, August 27, 2016

I Heart Ocean

Hi Beth here with my last post ocean project post. This month the challenge has been ocean/seashore and I've been having so much fun with the stamps that go along with that theme. Last month there was a challenge to make an exploding heart card using a Summer theme. I decided to make it my own personal challenge.



My regular card stock was too heavy and I didn't get  nice folds so I decided to go with construction paper that a friend gave me several years ago. 

First I made a collage of different ocean photos I had taken to use for my cut out hearts. I didn't want to waste paper by printing out individual prints and wasn't sure what portion or photos I was going to use. I decided to cut a heart out of the sunset photo for the front and took a scrap of the construction paper to stamp and emboss the mini hearts on.

For my hearts I used a heart stencil for tracing them onto my prints after I decided what sections I wanted to use. After cutting the hearts out the fun began. The umbrella is stamped on plastic from a page protector and colored with sharpie markers on the back. The adhered with Tombow adhesive. It is the only adhesive I've found which will not show adhering down plastic or vellum. The starfish is stamped on deli paper and colored with a pencil on the back side. The flip flops and chair were stamped on pattern paper.

It took me longer to figure out how I was going to do this project than to actually do it.  I left my heart at the ocean.

Before closing today I want to thank the owners of Just For Fun Rubber Stamps for allowing me to be a Design Team Member this last year. It has been a pleasure working with the unique and excellent quality stamps.  I also want to thank  our fearless leader Roni who did a great job of keeping us all on track.  Please next month give the new design team members a warm welcome.



2 comments:

  1. I love this neat fold for the card. A great way to show off multiple stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this neat fold for the card. A great way to show off multiple stamps!

    ReplyDelete