Saturday, August 13, 2016

Underwater Seahorse

This month the challenge is beach/seashore and Just For Fun has all kinds of stamps for that theme. I fell in love with the seahorse and because there are three different sizes you could actually create a family.  Here is my creation using the large one. I had so much fun putting together this underwater scene.



I started by airbrushing with Spectrum Noir markers the water and sand bottom. On the sand bottom I took a sea shell stencil and liquid gold paint and stenciled the shells.

Then I painted paper designed for acrylic paint with green metallic paint. Then cut out my vegetation using Spellbinders Corner Sprig dies.

The seahorse is stamped on deli paper and then colored on the back with color pencils.

After adhering everything down I adhered clear plastic that I randomly dotted with Dimensional Magic. I used Tombow glue to adhere the plastic and you have to really look hard to see where I put the dots of glue at.

I hope you will join in the fun. Would love to see what you create using the theme.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I love the interesting use of plastic to create more dimension. The coloring is great too.

    ReplyDelete