Saturday, September 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving Card

Hi everyone Beth here with my last post on this blog. I thought I would share a Thanksgiving card today. As I said in my last post I love the Stamptangle Maple Leaf stamp. I decided to use that stamp once again for my Thanksgiving card.

I stamped with Black ink on Kraft card stock because I wasn't sure if the timber brown would show all the details. I used a cosmetic sponge and pan chalk to apply my color using yellow,orange and red. I decided to not cut directly on the outline but to leave a border.

The background was done by stamping distress ink directly onto an embossing folder on the raised side.  I then wet my yellow card stock before running it through the embossing machine. For this card I used the de-bossed side. This is a fun technique because the results are unpredictable.

The sentiment panel was done in PhotoShop and then printed.

Just a reminder that there is still time to join in this month's challenge.

Before I leave I want to wish the new Design Team the best. As well as to thank Just For Fun Rubber Stamps for giving me the opportunity to be on the design team for a year.

2 comments:

  1. I especially like your pretty embossed background. Thanks for sharing that you started with yellow cardstock, I think it turned out so pretty with your stamped leaf. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and the pretty stamp!

    ReplyDelete