Saturday, September 10, 2016

Stamptangle Maple Leaf Candle

Hi Beth here with a quick project to create to decorate for Fall.Since right now we have our Fall challenge going and the option is anything but a card I thought I  would combine the two. I bought a flame-less candle which holds a  flame-less tea candle. As much as I love real candles they can be messy and with fur babies can be a fire hazard.


Started by wrapping raffia ribbon around my candle. The ribbon has been in my stash for a long time and never used. :-( I heat embossed the Stamptangle Maple Leaf with black embossing powder on white card stock. (I have all these scraps I need to use them up somehow) I first tried it with clear embossing powder but the detail got lost. I think in this case I actually like the black better. I then spritzed water on my image and sprinkled red and yellow pigment powders. On top of that I brushed copper watercolor paint which blended the powdered colors more.  Alas it does not show in the photo. After cutting out my leaf I adhered it to the ribbon using a multipurpose glue. I also applied a drop to the bottom of the leaf to adhere it to the candle.

When I was playing around with attaching a sentiment I discovered that adhesive from a tape runner does not work. If you decide to change to another season the ribbon is easy to take off and the glue rubs easily off the candle.

I hope you will join in this month's challenge. Details can be found here: http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/09/september-jff-challenge.html

Thank you for stopping by and have fun stamping just for fun.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea and so elegant looking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super cute decoration for fall! I like that you could change it with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete