Saturday, September 17, 2016

Tags, tags ... and more tags!

Today it is all about tags, tags, and more tags!  Tags are fun and easy to create ... just think of them as a small masterpiece of art then go for it.  For my tags I used distress inks and a good archival jet black ink to stamp the images over all the inks.  for two of the tags on the left (top & bottom pics) I press the ink pads to my craft sheet, sprayed with water then laid the tag in the watery inks for a watercolor effect.  for the two tags on the right (see top & bottom pics) I blended the same colors with blending tool (or sponges) then I flicked water on the tags to make water spots or what I like to call faux bleach spots.  The two seagulls on the tags are stamped, fussy cut and mounted to tags.  The birds in flight are stamped directly on tags then added white highlights and if you look close all the tags have glittery Stickles on them.  hope you like my tags.
Remember to Ink it!  Stamp it!  and Use it!
visit me anytime at Stamping Sue
check out our September challenge - Fall or anything but a card

5 comments:

  1. Fun tags, and I bet these were so much fun to make. I love working with distress inks, and such a great way to use a lot of stamps too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and yes, they were fun to make.
      stamping sue
      http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. These are so lovely! I like the water spots on them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment. I appreciate it.
      stamping sue
      http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  3. These are so lovely! I like the water spots on them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete